Whey is an excellent source of food, and a higher intake of protein has many health benefits.
- Building mass. A good goal is to eat 1.6 to 1.8 grams of protein per kg (2.2lbs) bodyweight on a daily basis. The recommendation for individuals aiming for weight-loss whilst maintaining muscle-mass is 2 grams per kg (2.2lbs) bodyweight.
- Hunger control. A higher intake of protein is a great way to reduce hunger.
- Getting your sweet-tooth under control. Jotunheim Whey has a divine taste that will satisfy your sweeth-tooth.
- Whey is a complete, high-quality protein, containing all of the essential amino acids (EAA). In addition, it is very digestible, absorbed from the gut quickly compared to other types of protein.
- For muscle growth, whey has been shown to be slightly better compared to other types of protein, such as casein or soy.
- Whey protein has been found to be effective at moderating blood sugar, increasing both the levels of insulin and the sensitivity to its effects.
- High-cysteine foods, such as whey protein, may boost the body’s natural antioxidant defences.
Jotunheim Whey is tested and certified against heavy metals. Heavy Metal is good in your earphone during heavy deadlifts, but should not be in whey protein powder (as it the case with many other American brands).
The whey is sourced and made in the United States of America. It is is sweetened with stevia, and without any GMO-ingredients.
Jotunheim Whey is great to drink by itself, perhaps with some unpasteurised milk, or in a smoothie. Since the whey is vanilla flavoured, it is versatile as an ingredient.
Example of a smoothie
- 5 dl of milk
- 2 scoops of whey
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons of frozen blueberries
- A splash of cream (depending on whether you are bulking or not)
- 2 raw eggs (optional)
Serving size: 30.12 grams. Approximately 1 scoop.
Servings per container: 28.
Net weight: 843.36 (29.75 OZ).